Lackawanna Insurance Group has a professional, aggressive and comprehensive claims management approach. Each policyholder is assigned to a specific team of highly qualified professionals consisting of claims professionals and in-house legal counsel. No work-related injury is handled in a routine manner.
Our experienced staff has extensive knowledge of the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act. Each claims representative manages a limited number of claims to insure proactive handling of every claim in the most cost efficient manner.
Our approach includes:
- Mandatory 24-hour contact - A member of our claims staff will contact the employer, the injured worker and medical provider upon receipt of the notice of first report
- Claim Investigation - Our claims professionals investigate every reported injury to assess compensability and minimize ongoing exposure utilizing the services of outside experts when necessary.
- Ease of submitting first report forms - Reports can be conveniently submitted utilizing our company website. Fax or telephone reporting is available upon request and is based on premium level.
- Reserving procedures – Each claim is reserved based on facts obtained during our thorough investigative process.
- Transitional return to work – The claims representatives work diligently with the employers to expedite the workers’ early return to work in a modified job capacity.
- Medical Cost Reductions – All medical bills are repriced according to the PA workers’ compensation medical fee schedule to assure maximum cost savings. Assistance is given in the selection of medical provider panels.
- Litigation and claims settlement - Our panel of qualified litigation attorneys are used when the facts of the case warrant to bring the claim to a quick, satisfactory and financially beneficial resolution.
- Subrogation - Our claims staff vigorously pursues subrogation in every suitable claim.
- Fraud - Claims are investigated for fraud and all fraudulent claims are reported to the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General.